August at Living Word
August 7 Paul warned Timothy about greed. 1 Timothy 1:6 Be content with the things that God provides. I am responsible for my choices.
August 14 Parable of the talents Matthew 25:14-30, 1 Timothy 6:10. People should use resources wisely.
August 21Widow gave her money. Luke 21:1-4. God wants people to give their time, talents, & possessions in addition to money so others can learn about Him.
August 28 The Good Samaritan. Luke 10:25-37. Psalm 32:8. I can follow examples, teachings, & commandments of Jesus. I can show God’s love to others.
August 7 Handle money wisely Proverbs 31:13-21. Managing resources well now pays off later. Earning money is one thing budgeting & using it wisely is something different. Matt5:13, Mark 10:43-45, 1 Corinthians 4:1-2. Think about what you spend your money and resources on. What does it say about your heart?
August 14 Invest your resources wisely Ecclesiastes 11:1-6 The Bible calls us to manage what God gives us. Trust God, check your motives, & invest in God’s kingdom Galatians 6:7-9
August 21 Give generously Proverbs 11:23-29 Use what you have to invest in the lives of others. Matthew 6:19-23, 33-34.
August 28 Love gets involved. Luke 10:25-37 Random acts of kindness are great but God calls to a higher standard. Matthew 22:34-40
Some people appear to be working hard but have nothing to show for the work. Why should you work with diligence & excellence? Our labors should honor the God we serve.
- Maintain worth Matt5:13 set your life to draw a greater thirst for knowing who God is and acting against the evils of this world. Your excellence & management of the gifts God gave you is to help flavor our world with Christ love.
- Serve Mark 10:43-45 do not become self-centered Jesus calls us to seek to serve not to be served. Use your unique gifts to serve
- Guardian 1 Corinthians 4:1-6 Show the greatness of God & the mystery of the gospel to others.
- It was told Isaiah 52:13-15 They will understand why
- Do not be deceived Galatians 6:7-9
August 10th the VBS kids will lead the Wed night service. Invite your friends. Church social afterward.
August 20th One day church leadership training event 8:30 to 3:30
August 21st Sunday School recognition service
August 28th Parent teacher training at 4pm